Registration now open!
Early bird rate ends 9th September 2019
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION HAS NOW CLOSED
All authors will be notified of the outcome of their submission week commencing 2nd July 2019 - Fingers crossed!
'Celebrating 10 years of ASPiH'
The video competition has been won by
East Cheshire NHS Trust Macclesfield.
Well done - £100 towards registration for one of the team!
Look out for the next opportunity to win discount codes to use for your 2019 conference registration.
This year we welcome Dr Dawn Benson as our Patient's advocate
National Investigator at HSIB, Lecturer and Researcher at the University of Oxford
Dawn is a sociologist with a specialism in disability studies and inclusion. Much of her work has been in academia as a researcher and lecturer within healthcare, where she developed the concept of ‘high reliability parenting’ after undertaking research with families of birth injured infants. Before joining the Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch in England, where she is a national investigator. She worked at a number of universities in both social and medical sciences. She currently maintains an honorary Position at the University of Oxford Patient Safety Academy (PSA) where she lectures and researches healthcare investigation and human factors.
Last year at ASPiH 2018 Southport we welcomed our two patient representatives to conference.
Gill Bowskill and Jean Gallagher joined us for most of the main conference activities including the gala dinner. They actively participated in review and judging of abstracts and presentations relevant to Patient & Public Involvement (PPI) and their feedback has been tremendously helpful and will support us to achieve Patients Included™ status for ASPiH2019 in Belfast.
A big thank you to Gill & Jean - you were both stars of the show!
Application for Technician sponsorship to attend ASPiH Belfast 10th Anniversary conference 2019
This year, for the first time, ASPiH have secured sponsorship from suppliers who will be exhibiting at the conference in Belfast. The sponsorship will allow free registration to the conference for a simulation technician from the afternoon of Monday 4th to close of conference on Wednesday 6th November (It does not include attending any of the pre-conference workshops on Monday 4th). In exchange, the technician who receives sponsorship will help out at the conference with a bit of tech work (e.g. SIMWARS) and assist on the suppliers stand, this will of course be agreed in writing. Despite these commitments there will still be plenty of spare time to participate and enjoy all that conference offers
Each supplier who is kind enough to sponsor a place with have their logo, company name and thanks for their sponsorship in the ASPiH programme. There will also be social media coverage of their sponsorship.
- We are have secured six sponsored places for technicians from Scotia UK plc (1 from England, Scotland ,Ireland, Wales, the remaining two places will be runners up from any area of the UK & Ireland)
- ASPiH will advertise the sponsorship & closing date on the ASPiH website and Twitter
- Technician must submit an application to ASPiH, with a 400-500 word justification explanation why they should be chosen to attend
- ASPiH will shortlist and select the winners
- Winning technicians will be notified and informed of who they have been sponsored by
- ASPiH will advertise the winners and sponsor on the ASPiH website and Twitter prior and during the conference
- An introduction email will be sent by ASPiH to the winner/s and sponsor for continued communication, and to arrange between themselves the assistance the technician will be involved in.
- Sponsors will have their name/logo in the ASPiH programme
- Sponsored technicians will assist the sponsor with customers/delegates at the conference on their exhibition stand. (This will be discussed prior to the conference with both technician and sponsor)
- Sponsored technicians will assist at the conference, with for example SIM WARS set up. (This will be discussed prior to the conference)
- Sponsored technicians will need to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation
- There is no cash alternative
- Closing date for applications Friday 30th August
- Winners announced Friday 13th September