ASPiH is a not-for-profit membership Association comprising of members drawn from healthcare, education and patient safety backgrounds including researchers, learning technologists, workforce development or education managers, administrators, and healthcare staff and students.
All have a genuine interest in new and innovative methods of learning, as well as optimising the use of existing simulation resources within their practice. Our membership bridges undergraduate and pre- registration education as well as postgraduate and post registration training and on-going CPD for all of the health and social care workforce.
The current aims of the Association are to:
- provide an effective communication network for those involved in simulation and technology enhanced learning across the UK and beyond
- provide quality exemplars of best practice in the application of simulated practice to education, training, assessment and research in healthcare
- support the expansion and uptake of simulated practice by establishing key benefits and evidence of impact linking simulated practice with improvements in patient safety and quality of care
- develop and share key operational and strategic resources for members drawn from experience within the association and from links with relevant educational bodies nationally and internationally
- encourage and support scholarly development and recognition of members through wider dissemination of innovative practice at scientific meetings and publications
- become the “go to” independent organisation for those looking for expertise, advice and information about healthcare simulation and technology enhanced learning